My favourite home automation system.
- HACS - Home Assistant Community Store. Lots of third-party plugins are available through this.
- rbaron/r-parasite - Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) soil moisture and ambient temperature/humidity/light sensor. Claims to be able to run for over a year on a single CR2032 battery
- slashback100/presence_simulation - Simulates someone being at home by turning off and on your lights, based on your history in HASS.
Some of my automations:
- Turn Off TV When It’s Too Late
- This currently works only on weeknights (Sunday through Thursday nights) and triggers at 9pm, but can be easily updated.
- Change the media player you wish to watch over. For me, it’s the living room TV.
- Tuya integration: error 2406 skill_id invalid can be solved by removing and re-adding the integration within the Tuya admin panel. (Instructions)