B.R.E.A.D. is an acronym for a drafting strategy.
Bomb cards, if unaddressed by your opponent, “go off” and will win you the game.
- Big creatures, specifically ones that are hard to block
- Flying, unblockable, indestructable, and trample abilities are examples of good evasion here.
- Significant card advantage
- Game-breaking effects, such as big Planeswalkers
Removal cards are ones that deal with your opponent’s big threats. This can be:
- Destroy or exile effects
- “Nerf” effects such as Luminous Bonds
- Bounce spells
- Pump or fight spells
- Flash spells that allow you to block and kill during combat
Evasion cards give your creatures the ability to get past your opponent’s blockers. Flying, unblockable, and trample are good examples.
Aggro creatures are there to fill out your mana curve. They apply pressure to your opponent so you can get out your bombs.
Dirt are the useless cards (for your deck).