- The most effective way to get better at something is to engage in deliberate
- When practicing something, work on something just outside your current
- Stay actively focused on the current task. Consider using
focus techniques such as
- Practice time is not sufficient. Deliberate practice time is required.
- The 10,000 Hours rule applies to deliberate practice, not coasting
- Do not multi-task. Multitasking is almost universally a bad idea and results
in the belief that more work is getting done, when really less is getting done
and your practice isn’t deliberate.