Inbox Zero is a productivity method whose sole basis is that your inbox should have no items in it. The goal is to action each email enough that it gets moved into the correct place.
Each item that comes in should be actioned as follows:
- Unsubscribed from, if it’s some sort of mass mailing that you don’t absolutely need.
- Archive or delete it
- Created into a calendar event
- Moved into a task manager such as Todoist (ideally with a deep link to the email itself)
- The knowledge in the email migrated into your note-taking system
- Sent to your read-it-later app such as Wallabag or Instapaper