Todoist is my preferred to-do app. I’ve been a paying customer for years.
Tips and Tricks
If you need a task to occur multiple times per day, there are three different approaches:
- Create multiple copies of the same task.
- Create your recurring schedule based on a period of hours, not of specific
times, such as
every 12 hoursor
every 8 hoursfor tasks that need to occur twice or three times per day.
- For newly-created tasks, Reddit user
has found that you can achieve this with the phrasing of
every day at 7am and every day at 9pm. When I tried
every day at 7am and 9pm, it did not work, so the
andoperator seems to not be aware of the earlier
every day, which I suppose makes sense.
I found this generally pretty flaky to get working; when I tried it once it seemed to work, but trying with a brand new task didn’t work.
Some interesting official templates for projects:
- Internet Privacy & Security
- To-do list refresh
- Ideas for cleaning up your Todoist instance
- Personal Blogging
- This is more for the creation of a blog or personal website rather than the ongoing maintenance of it.
- Side Hustle
- Social Media Calendar