Why do I program? Just for fun. No, really.
- Programming as play, by Austin Henley
- Why I prefer making useless stuff, by Austin Henley
- Ask HN: Most interesting tech you built just for yourself?, Hacker News
Interesting links and projects:
- The Architecture of Open Source Applications
- Coding Curves by
- A great collection of information about how computers draw curves using math (lots and lots of math). Lots of visuals, reads fairly easy. It’s great.
- Digraphs and Trigraphs: sequences of two or three characters in source code that are treated by single characters by the compiler.
Project Ideas and Collections
- codecrafters-io/build-your-own-x, a collection of links to instructions on how to build basic (or full-featured) versions of lots of things, all in various languages.