“Pathfinding takes longer than path following. Discussions lead to changes in spec. Dependencies always add time.” — Seth Godin
- What is the effort to implement the feature?
- Design, development, testing, deployment, ongoing maintenance
- How risky is the feature to implement?
- Are there other options not being considered? Why are they not viable?
- How is the feature going to be supported once it’s live?
- Is there monitoring?
- Is there sufficient documentation for someone to fix issues that arise?
- How much tech debt will we accrue by implementing the feature as designed?
- Will the developers be groveling in a month because “the code is a mess”?
- Is the accrual of this tech debt acceptable?
- Has this been done before, either by this team or anyone? Has it been partially done before?
- What’s more important? Speed or quality?