Development Processes and Questions
Questions To Ask
- Who is it for?
- How many people will use it?
- What’s the hard part?
- What are your error conditions?
- Are there existing design patterns that can be used to implement the feature?
- What validation do you need for your inputs?
- How will you scale this? Do you need to scale?
- Does this matter? Are we using our time effectively?
- When do you involve testers?
Contextually Good Ideas
Some ideas to consider. These won’t be universally good; context needs to be considered. A 1-2 person project doesn’t need the same coordination as a 3-team feature.
- In group environments, have one person who will own the oversight of the feature. They are aware of the current state, who is working on what, and is able to get people to coordinate.