- In your code, you define a Job. That job gets created with a JobBuilderFactory.
- A Job has one or more Steps. Each step is created with a StepBuilderFactory.
- A Step could be either:
- A Tasklet, which executes some arbitrary code
- A series of chunked steps, each of which has an ItemReader, ItemProcessor, and ItemWriter.
Tasklets versus Chunked
A general rule for which to pick could be covered as:
- If you need to process a single item, use a Tasklet
- If you need to process multiple items iteratively, use a Chunked approach