Learning by Reading
Levels of Learning
- Passively reading
- Highlighting as you go. We don’t retain what we highlight.
- Creating a system to review your highlights.
- Pulling in your highlights into an automated note taking system (such as
- Taking quick notes on the books you read (book summary, impressions, impact
on me, quotes from the book)
- Summarize and take notes on the book contents. Create notes on the parts of
the book that resonate with you.
- Putting the book knowledge you’ve collected into a
- How To Take Smart Notes - Sonke Ahrens
- How To Read A Book - Mortimer J. Adler,
Charles Van Doren