The STRIDE model was developed by Microsoft and stands for Spoofing, Tampering, Repudiation, Information Disclosure, Denial of Service, and Evevation of Privilege.
- Spoofing: Illegal access and use of data
- Tampering: Malicious modification of data
- Repuditaion: When a system cannot trace and prove the actions performed by a user
- Information Disclosure: Exposing information to unauthorized entities
- Denial of Service: When a service is made unusable to a valid user
- Elevation of Privilege: When an attacker gains extra access to a system that they would not normally have access to, allowing them to access sensitive data and functionality