“Every writer writes for an audience” (link)
- Just Write, Robert Birming
- Five Hundred Words, a site for using
the “don’t break the chain” habit approach to encourage you to write 500 words
- I found this on Hacker News, although I forgot to record the comments link
- Writing by hand seems to be one of the best ways to retain information.
Some techniques for writing:
- From Derek Sivers:
- Write one sentence per line (don’t publish this way, but edit this way; combine the sentences together into paragraphs during the last step of the editing process)
- Strip out filler content. “Whether or not”, “I think”, etc.