The Joel Test
The Joel Test is a 12-question survey to evaluate how good a software development team is (my initial thought: it’s closer to “how not-bad is a software development team”), created by Joel Spolsky.
Original source: The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better Code
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?